Last Sunday after being in Vancouver for three days (ie away from my son for two whole nights!) I found that I was locked out of the apartment where I'd been staying. I had to choose to either miss a ferry or go without my computer for 7 days. Much to my own surprise I chose the latter - I was just so pooped and had a 3 hour commute ahead of me. So, I wish I had been able to post this Knit City recap sooner, but better late than never.
This year was my first time attending Knit City and I was over the moon the whole weekend. Between teaching a super fun class and seeing all the new books and designs that have just come out by local designers (and the locally made yarns that go with them. Oh, and awesome food trucks) I was in absolute heaven.
So, enjoy the video above. Be sure to turn your volume up for my narration. Below are all the local links that go with it. I'd love to hear about your Knit City stories in the comments, too.
In the Knit City 2016 recap:
- Kim Werker's blog post about the Tapestry Weaving class I taught
- The three women pictured in hand-knit sweaters
- Sweetgeorgia Yarns
- Caitlin Ffrench's website and book The Darkness Fell (I really mumbled that title in the video)
- Sylvia McFadden's Shawl Joy book
- Hinterland's Bowen Pullover
- Hinterland's Range yarn
- Mudpunch Yarns self-striping yarn
- Shannon Cook's shawls
- Within book by Jane Richmond and Shannon Cook
- Cashmere yarn by Sweet Fibre
- Kristen Mcytyre's knitter's jewelry
- Rachel Smith's Wool 'n Spinning podcast
- Sheleigh McCulloch spinning instructor
- Vancouver Lace Club
- Unwind Knit & Fibre Lounge
- My favourite food truck
- and my website